Oh Canada Flag Banner

You can hang this beautiful paper pieced Canadian flag banner with pride. I'm Canadian born and raised and I truly love this country. I also think we have a very cool modern flag design; a simple maple leaf.




On July 1st, 2017, Canada turns 150 years young. I decided to make a Canadian flag banner to hang in the front window this year instead of using the one everyone gets in the morning paper.

The maple leaf in the center of the flag is a perfect design for foundation piecing. After some tweaking here and there, I finally got everything right. This block is 25 cm x 25 cm (10" x 10"). It can be reduced or enlarged to incorporate into pretty much anything: a throw pillow, a tote bag, or anything you want to cover with Canada's national symbol.

Another reason to love Canada . . . check out our Prime Minister.😛

No comments:

Post a Comment